"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Monday, March 14, 2011

Random and sundry thoughts on a Monday Evening

This has been a lovely day, despite the fact that I didn't feel that I was able to rub the sleepies out of my eyes all day.  Do you know what I mean--that feeling of tiredness that rests in the corners of your eyes some days (usually rainy days).


Tonight I've been reading back issues of Mothering magazine about babywearing, cloth diapering and natural birthing, borrowed from a wonderful friend who is also a new mom.  I really enjoyed spending some time with her and her daughter today, seeing a Mobywrap in action, and going for a walk in her green, quiet neighborhood.  I'm saddened that I can't subscribe to Mothering myself, as it's recently ended publication, but at least I can still use their website.

My writing is going well, but I have a lot of work to do in the next two and a half weeks.  Oh dear.  Time to put the baby magazines on hold for a little while longer.

There are subtle changes in baby's movements this week.  I can feel how he is growing and filling up more and more of the space inside (p.s. pronoun chosen at random... I haven't slipped up yet!).  Apparently, he is now about 1.5 pounds and 8 1/2 inches from "crown to rump." 

Lastly, and as promised, here is the latest belly pic, taken last Thursday--25 weeks:

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that feeling does usually come on rainy days. We've had too many of them here lately.

    It makes me so happy to have another friend who's interested in babywearing, cloth diapering, and natural birthing! I have a few others, but most of my friends are more conventional.

    Speaking of babywearing, if you're interested in the Moby, check out Sleepy Wraps too. One of my babywearing friends raves about her Sleepy Wrap -- says it's like the Moby but better. So far I'm planning to get a Sleepy Wrap, then probably either an Ergo, Beco, or Boba for when baby is older. I'll be curious to know what you decide to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah, I know the feeling that we may be in the minority with our parenting choices! I look forward to comparing notes.

    Interestingly, my babywearing choices have been mostly made for me! My sister-in-law gave me a Moby-style stretchy wrap for Christmas, I got a Seven sling last fall when I found a deal (they were literally giving them away for the cost of shipping), and my sister has bought me an African woven wrap. I also bought some sling-rings to make my own slings out of old sheets, scarves or other fabrics I have around. The true test will be after the baby arrives though, eh? When I can give my opinion on which of these actually work. ;)

    ReplyDelete