"God showed me something small, no bigger than a hazelnut, lying in the palm of my hand… and it was round as a ball. I looked at it with the eye of my understanding and thought: 'What can this be?' And it was generally answered thus: 'It is all that was made.' It was so small I thought it might disappear, but I was answered... everything has being through the love of God." --Julian of Norwich

Friday, April 8, 2011

A few pics from my reading tonight

Beautifully decorated cherry pies

Gorgeous flowers with love from my parents

Clint and I before the reading

Introductory comments

Friends reading liturgy to frame my work (in background)

Reading a childhood story
Reading a story from Oxford

Through no fault of my lovely, last-minute photographer, the pics are a little dark.  Alas, the pictures never do justice to these things.  But everything went beautifully.  I read 30 pages of my writing in a little over an hour.  There were so many friends who came, who helped out, and who ate cherry pie afterward. Pie served from tables spread with red checked tablecloths.  It made me truly happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment